I’ve changed my look…
Well not my look, but the look of my blog. I wanted to go with something a bit more user friendly.
And with the changes comes a new name for my blog…… “Just Call Me Jiji”
~me, pretending to be me. ~now, where did I put my cape?
I discuss my life, my family; the issues we face, the things we enjoy doing as a family, and the things I enjoy pursueing by myself
With this new look, you, the reader get to go straight to the content you are interested in.
This is what I write about and why I write about it.
My Home Page – All posts in chronological order starting with the most recent. My blog tells my story and the story of my family; warts and all!
Hello World – About me, this is who I am, or at least who I try to be.
Disabilities and Special Needs – I discuss those disabilities and differences that we, as a family face on a daily basis; and the treatments and accomidations that accompany them.
- ADHD – My son Leon was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyper-Activity Disorder-combined type, at the age of 5. It has severely impacted not only his life but both his father’s and mine as well. I’ve learned a lot from my little boy, and I suspect I too was born with ADHD. At this time I still remain untreated, but I am working on that.
- Aspergers/ Autism – At the time of this writing, it has been 6 weeks since Leon was diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS). This is is my first mention of it on my blog. It has taken me this long to let it sink in. I am sure there will be many posts on this topic to come, because as of right now I feel as if I am starting all over again. I am a newbie again and have a lot to learn.
- Comordids –
- Fibromyalgia (FMS) – I was diagnosed with fibro when I was about 28, although symptoms were present much earlier than that. It’s been a rough road, but I keep on trekking. As much as I hate reporting that which is so negative, it helps to get it all out.
- Treatments and Medication- When it comes to my own health I am not as diligent as I should be, and for that I do often pay the price. But when it comes to Leon’s health I am a stickler for staying on track. I am well familiar with the old adage that states; to care for others, first one must care for one’s self. That is much easier said than done, but ultimately I aim to get healthy not just for Ron’s and Leon’s sake but for my own as well.
- Special Education – This has got to be my least favorite topic, but when raising a school-aged child with a disability, it becomes one that often comes up. I have had my fair share of Special Education meetings, both good and bad. If I can pass on some helpful information that may potentially help other parents I am happy to relive some of my experiences here.
DIY – I’ve always loved using my imagination and being creative. I love the feeling I get when I see something and think, ” I can do that” or even, ” I can make something out of that “. It’s taken me a long time to amass some measure of confidence, but I am ready to admit I do have some talents.
- Crafts – Drawing, Woodwork, Glass painting, Digital Scrapbooking, Clip Art, Costume making, and more
- Party Planning – I love, love, love planning parties and making the Holidays Special. Give me a theme and I will make it happen.
- Photography- I have always loved the art of photography. What I lack in technical skills I make up for with my eye for photographs. The thing I love most about photography is the ability to recall so many memories from a single photo.
Home Life – For me, home life means family life, after all, home is where your heart is.
- Family – the main characters in this blog are myself, my husband, and our son. In our house, it is just the three of us; but in our family there are so many more.
- Parenting – Being a parent is the hardest most gratifying job in the world, and the most important.
- Holidays- just as much as I enjoy planning parties; I love planning for the Holidays and celebrating with family.
Travels – I love to travel! And I especially love to plan our trips. I get a little high off of finding great deals and planning out little side trips. We love amusement parks; especially ones that we can get wet in.
- Disney World – I love me some Disney!! If I could I’d go every year. I’ve had a few trips that I still have yet to turn into a trip report
- Theme Parks – Leon’s love of water parks started with Sesame Place in PA, and now we make sure to hit a theme park or water park at least once a year.
- Other Destinations – As much as I’d like to make Disney our annual trip destination, our finances (or lack there of) always get in the way. But we always make it a point to go somewhere, even if it is just a weekend road trip to PA.
Just For Fun –
- My Favorite Things – ever come across something and just want to share it with everyone cause it’s “just so cool!” ? Well this is where I do that. Well here and on Pintrest
- Slideshows – Just some pictures I’ve shared over the years